Plan one of the most romantic Blue Ridge Mountain getaways for an experience you’ll remember for a lifetime. Looking out across the horizon, soft shades of silvery blues and lilac-tinted grays fade into lush green foliage or fiery fall colors, depending on the season. Drive up the parkway and take in the stunning sites. Hike waterfall trails. Visit colorful cities and small towns along the way. Read on to learn more about how to plan your romantic retreat. Then, take a look at our free Vacation Guide for additional information on Asheville, NC, and the surrounding area.
5 Tips for Planning One of the Most Romantic Blue Ridge Mountain Getaways
1. Map out the Ultimate Road Trip Along the Blue Ridge Parkway
The Blue Ridge Parkway stretches over 400 miles through Virginia and North Carolina. You will find various hiking trails, waterfalls, caverns, Appalachian craft shops, homestyle cooking, and so much more along the way.
2. Visit Charming Small Towns
Stop to explore some of the smaller towns in North Carolina such as Cherokee, Hendersonville, Saluda, Waynesville, Brevard, Lake Lure, just to name a few.
3. Chase Waterfalls and Hike up to Soaring Heights
Some of the best hiking trails along the southern stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway include:
- Catawba Falls Trail for waterfall scenes
- Black Balsam Knob Hike on Art Loeb Trail for the views
- Roan Mountain Hike on the Appalachian Trail
- Mount Mitchell State Park Trails for even more mountain scenery
- Lookout Mountain Trail is a short trek from Asheville
- Craven Gap Trail is also near Asheville
- Grandfather Mountain Trail for the challenge
4. Indulge in Various Outdoor Adventures
From kayaking and river tubing to ziplining and fishing, you’ll find various ways to engage your inner outdoor enthusiast on your Blue Ridge Mountain getaway.
5. Explore All That Asheville, NC, Has to Offer
Asheville is a one-of-a-kind city in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. The eclectic arts and culture, thriving culinary scene, and beautiful scenery draw visitors year after year. Here, you will find the best of everything from outdoor adventures, live music, local beer, history, and more. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do around the city:
- 12 of the Best Restaurants in Asheville
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best Asheville Breweries
- A Seasonal Guide to the City
- Some of the Best Must-Visit Attractions
- Visit Biltmore Estate
- Take a Historic Trolley Tour of the City
Stay in the Heart of the Historic Montford District in Asheville, NC
Center your romantic blue ridge mountain getaway around a stay in the historic Montford District of Asheville, NC! Our beautiful Queen Anne Victorian mansion serves as a charming bed and breakfast to guests from all over the country. Choose between 11 uniquely appointed accommodations. We have ten rooms located in the building that each accommodate two and one Carriage House on the property that can house families or larger groups. This option is also dog-friendly! Regardless of your choice, you can look forward to high-quality amenities such as complimentary cookies, gourmet breakfast, luxurious linens, and more.